What are your weight-control goals?
My goal is to lose about 140 kilos, so be a healthy 80 kilos.
What is your motivation for losing weight?
My two boys and my beautiful wife are what motivate me.
What is your weight-loss method?
I have a number of weight loss methods, which I can share with others.
- I eat a lot less calories now compared to when I was a lot heavier.
- Walk 11 kilometres a day, except every Sunday I do a 35 kilometre mountain bike ride, which I think burns about one kilogram each time!
- Take a multivitamin capsule, three omega-3 capsules and some vitamin C each day.
- Cut-out white bread wherever I can.
- Eat fruit with a glass of water.
- Eat dinner at 4pm. I've found that now I am 124 kilos I don't get hungry that much anymore - just a little at night.
- Never eat after dinner.
Lose weight online with
Did you know that you can lose weight online using our powerful online diet diary, food database and enrolment into the CalorieKing.com.au Program?
Learn more about the benefits
of joining our online club.
What obstacles have you encountered while losing weight?
A big obstacle is social occasions. I think I put on one kilo each time from over-eating, but I burn it off that week.
What tips do you have for others who are trying to lose weight?
At my worst I got to 217.9kg in Christmas 2005. My eyes nearly popped out my head! My tip is to ask your self if you want to live. You really need to confront yourself, which is a hard thing to do.
- I recommend eating home-cooked meals. Start with a small seven-day menu and reduce the amount of calories that you would usually eat.
- Drink 2 litres of water a day.
- Join a gym. After I joined a gym I went from 204 kilos to 159 kilos in 7 months. I used the treadmill 5 days a week for an hour each time. At first I got my heart-rate up quite high, and then I reduced it to a slightly lower rate.
- For breakfast I enjoy toasted Vegemite sandwiches with reduced-fat tasty cheese. I include fruit with lunch.
- Weigh yourself regularly.
- If I eat a chocolate bar and a packet of chips in addition to my normal meals, I will often gain a bit of weight. I urge you to eat only small amounts of chocolate and sugar. Excess sugar is a big cause of weight gain.
- Regulary record your weight in your CalorieKing diary.
Over the past 16 months I had 7 weeks where I put on weight, so it's a process of finding out what your body does with food. It's not just about losing weight, it's a journey to find out about your body. When you know more about how your body works, the weight comes off faster.
When someone offers me junk food now, I reject it straight away - I know what it feels like to gain half a kilo, then have it take days to burn off. There are some tough lessons along the way, but it does get easier.
How do you feel now that you're achieving success?
I feel wonderful! I couldn't even walk 100 metres 16 months ago, and now I can walk anywhere for as long as I want to without getting tired!
I sleep better and my blood pressure went down from 180/130 to 118/68. I don't snore anymore either.
I am worried about what I am going to do when I get to my goal weight. I love exercise so much now that it will be hard to reduce the amount a bit in order to maintain my weight. I think I will just walk 7 kilometres a day 7 days a week.
How have the products or services offered by CalorieKing.com.au helped you to lose weight?
I enjoy regularly filling-in my CalorieKing diary.