What are your weight-control goals?
My main goal is to be a Size 16-18 by Christmas this year. But ultimately to get down to 85kgs as soon as I can.
What is your motivation for losing weight?
Energy, energy, energy! Also I want to feel good about myself.
What is your weight-loss method?
For me it's a complete lifestyle change. I now see a counsellor and a dietitian. I also have a personal trainer and participate in the online support groups.
Lose weight online with
Did you know that you can lose weight online using our powerful online diet diary, food database and enrolment into the CalorieKing.com.au Program?
Learn more about the benefits
of joining our online club.
What obstacles have you encountered while losing weight?
It was hard to break the emotional/binge eating cycle but once I did it made all the difference.
What tips do you have for others who are trying to lose weight?
* Believe in yourself!
* Start off with baby steps with food and exercise and gradually build up. Forget the all or nothing
* Drink lots of water and have a completely safe house, free from temptations.
* Be informed! Read as much about nutrition as possible.
* Never give up. Find a source of strong support.
* Tell everyone what you are doing, that way you are more accountable.
* Weigh in and measure only once a week or fortnight.
How do you feel now that you're achieving success?
I have a huge sense of pride in myself. I feel fantastic fitting in to my old clothes and taking my weekly weight and measurements. I am much more energetic and positive about life now.
How have the products or services offered by CalorieKing.com.au helped you to lose weight?
I thoroughly enjoy entering my food onto CK every day. Doing so helps me to learn the different calorific and nutritional values in food and what I should eat more of and less of.
I also love the charts and reports function - being able to see, in graph form, my weight and measurements come down.