40 Easy Ways to Love Your Fruit and Vegetables
Did you know you can lose weight online, and access the CalorieKing.com.au Program (13 weeks of practical information on all aspects of weight control)? Learn more
20 ways to eat more fruit
Eating fruit doesn't just have to mean having an apple a day. With these simple ideas you can go gourmet!
- Add fruit to green salads - try adding sliced pear, apple chunks, grapes, mango pieces, strawberries, dried cranberries, or blueberries.
- Thread fruit chunks on skewers and grill on the barbecue.
- Throw a few handfuls of berries or a sliced banana into your pancake batter.
- Add exotic fruits, such as papaya, mango, star fruit, lychees, or tamarillo, to fruit salad.
- Stuff apples with dates, dried apricots and walnuts and bake in the oven for a delicious dessert.
- Pack dried fruit for a handy on-the-go snack.
- Freeze grapes, mango chunks, or banana pieces and eat frozen for a cool treat.
- Make an energising drink by blending apple, ginger, carrot, and orange.
- Add grapes, strawberries, figs, or sliced pear to a cheese platter.
- Freeze lemon slices or berries in ice cubes and add to drinks.
- Dip apple slices, strawberries, grapes, rockmelon, or fresh pineapple in a chocolate fondue.
- Use up over-ripe bananas to bake a banana loaf or muffins. Add some sultanas for extra sweetness.
- Make an elegant dinner party dessert by dipping strawberries in white chocolate, letting them set, and then half-dipping in milk or dark chocolate.
- Stew apples, pears, apricots, or rhubarb, and serve on breakfast cereal, or with low-fat custard or yoghurt for a tasty dessert.
- Pour fruit-flavoured jelly over cups full of grapes, or other fruit chunks, and leave to set.
- Blend seedless red grapes with cranberry juice, some frozen low-fat berry yoghurt and ice for a delicious smoothie.
- Swirl pureed canned apricots or mashed raspberries through slightly-softened low-fat vanilla ice cream and return to the freezer to re-freeze.
- Add fresh fruit to school lunch boxes - either whole or in chopped chunks. Squeeze a little lemon juice on apples and pears to prevent browning.
- Finish Asian-style meals with fresh pineapple for a sweet, refreshing taste.
- Try some of CalorieKing's delicious fruity, low-calorie recipes.
Related articles :
Related links :
Last updated: February 16th, 2007
Lose weight online with CalorieKing.com.au
Did you know that you can lose weight online using our powerful online diet diary, food database and enrolment into CalorieKing.com.au Program?
We've already helped thousands take control of their weight with the privacy and convenience of online weight loss, isn't it time you tried us too?
Learn more about the benefits of joining our online club.
We hope you found this article useful. We'd love to hear your feedback, suggestions and comments. Please click here to contact us about this article.