40 Easy Ways to Love Your Fruit and Vegetables
Did you know you can lose weight online, and access the CalorieKing.com.au Program (13 weeks of practical information on all aspects of weight control)? Learn more
20 ways to eat more vegetables
Think beyond carrot sticks with these tempting ways to enjoy your veggies!
- Add chopped mushrooms, diced carrots, and onion to Spaghetti Bolognese sauce.
- Try mashed sweet potato or pumpkin instead of potato, or combine them for a different flavour.
- Top pizzas with tomatoes, capsicum, mushrooms, pineapple, spring onions, and baby spinach leaves.
- Make savoury muffins with grated carrot or zucchini.
- Add vegetables and beans to soup - great for a winter lunch.
- Make your own dip from mashed avocado, low-fat natural yoghurt, chopped chilli, lemon juice, and chopped fresh coriander. Serve with crunchy carrot sticks and crisp red capsicum strips.
- Add cooked beetroot to chocolate cake. Not only does it make the cake moist, it adds fibre.
- Make stuffed baked potatoes with corn kernels, spring onions, mushrooms, and red capsicum.
- Make a quick and easy stir-fry dinner - you can throw in almost any type of vegetable - just slice them thinly so that they all cook evenly.
- Sneak grated carrot or diced mushrooms into meatloaf.
- Make a healthy after-school or after-work snack by topping a slice of wholemeal bread with sliced tomato, mushrooms and ham, sprinkling with a little grated cheese and grilling until bubbling.
- Get creative with salads. Don't just stick to lettuce, tomato and cucumber - add grated carrot, diced capsicum, sliced mushrooms, grated ginger, red onion slices, snow peas, bean sprouts, snow pea sprouts, artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, spinach leaves, or any of your favourite vegetables.
- Dip baby carrots into a little low-fat salad dressing for an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Make a tasty picnic recipe by stirring diced red capsicum, currants, pine nuts, sliced spring onions, drained tinned salmon, lightly steamed broccoli florets, and fresh basil though cooked rice - serve warm or at room temperature.
- Make a salsa to accompany grilled chicken or fish, from diced tomato, diced avocado, finely chopped spring onions (or diced red onion), chopped chilli, and fresh coriander or mint.
- Spice up a homemade chicken-burger by topping with a slice of pineapple and some sweet chilli sauce.
- Thread vegetable chunks onto skewers and grill - serve with a big, leafy salad.
- Enjoy a café-style breakfast at home by grilling field mushrooms and tomatoes and serving with eggs cooked your favourite way.
- Add grated carrot, diced onion, and fresh herbs to lamb, chicken or beef rissoles (use lean mince).
- Try some of CalorieKing's delicious vegetable-packed, low-calorie recipes.
Lose weight online with CalorieKing.com.au
Did you know that you can lose weight online using our powerful online diet diary, food database and enrolment into CalorieKing.com.au Program?
We've already helped thousands take control of their weight with the privacy and convenience of online weight loss, isn't it time you tried us too?
Learn more about the benefits of joining our online club.
Next: 20 ways to eat more fruit