Username: Password:
Forget your password? | Account expired? | Join now!
HOME ABOUT US PRODUCTS RECIPES, ARTICLES & MORE COMMUNITY CLUB SUPPORT

Community

List of forums | View forum | Post reply | Show favourite threads | Search | Print

reducta as seen on a current affair
Author: SUNSHINE1914   Rank: Social Butterfly  Location: NSW
Date: 12:40pm WST, February 23rd 2011
Send Message Public Blog SUNSHINE1914's Public Diary
Has anyone used these appetite supressants or the swisse brand appetite supressant

Report this post to CalorieKing.com.au
Author: CANCER84   Rank: Emerald Poster  Location: Out of this world!
Date: 1:35pm WST, February 23rd 2011
Send Message Public Blog CalorieKing.com.au Program Graduate
I have found them to be a waste of money.

But thats only my opinion and experience.

o.O>Jade<O.o

Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups

CW: 75kg

SW: 85.6 -24 June 2010
GW: 70
GW:65
GW:60
LTD = 10.6

85 - 76 :thumbu2: 74 73 72 71 70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60

Last edited: 1:36pm WST, February 23rd 2011.
Author: YAZZY6753   Rank: Sapphire Poster  Location: Pilbara
Date: 1:52pm WST, February 23rd 2011
Send Message Public Blog YAZZY6753's Public Diary CalorieKing.com.au Program Graduate
i bought the Svlete that was on Today Tonight just as an experiment...(meant to be a "fat burner" I've started Monday and will go for a month, still counting cals and stuff just to see if it actually does anything extra.
We shall see. I bet it's just a scam!!

Courage is being scared to death.. but saddling up anway"- John Wayne

85 84 83 82 81 80 79 :heart2: 78 :heart2: 77 76 75 74 73 75 71 70

Author: MARIONRW   Rank: Ruby Poster
Date: 2:29pm WST, February 23rd 2011
Send Message CalorieKing.com.au Program Graduate
Whenever I've seen over the counter things like this they have always inclued small print that says "Must be used in conjunction witha calorie controlled diet and regular exercise". Now, if they were such wonder drugs, why would they include that?

Author: SPERSEPHONE   Rank: Diamond Poster  Location: Melbourne Victoria
Date: 2:54pm WST, February 23rd 2011
And if you're doing that, what's actually working, the diet and exercise, or the "fat blaster" whatever?

About the only thing I can say in their defence is that if they are an appetite suppressant that actually works, you might minimise your snacking in between meals. If they are a wonder drug that "melts" fat away, maybe there is a miniscule effect.

However, I believe the industry has no regulations and it doesn't take much to be able to sell these items, with no real clinical studies that show success or otherwise.

Whenever anyone on these type of goods actually loses weight, there is no scientific evidence to back up the result, which can show what might actually be the true reason for the weight loss.

I believe there are a few natural remedies that do offer a bit of a boost, but as for being your sole method of managing your weight, they're just a waste of money.

Author: MUM2GRACE   Rank: Platinum Poster  Location: GC
Date: 5:38pm WST, February 23rd 2011
I like the fact that it's an all natural appetite suppressant, without any stimulants (like caffeine). I was thinking of trying it out myself but have been waiting for a post like this one - was going to do a search but noticed there's no longer a search function on the CK forums (?!)

It will be interesting to see what you find Yazzy - hope it works for you!

New CKSW: 83kg (after giving birth to bub #2)
CW: 75.8
MGW: 75
UGW: 60-55

83 82 81 80 79 78 77 76 :wave1: 74 73 72 71 70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60

Author: SPEEDGAL47   Rank: Diamond Poster  Location: Perth
Date: 6:00pm WST, February 23rd 2011
Send Message SPEEDGAL47's Public Diary CalorieKing.com.au Program Graduate
There are lots of natural things out there that will kill you. Natural does NOT equate with safe.

CW 64.1 kg
GW 60 kg

Date: 9:26pm WST, February 23rd 2011
i have been through a rough spot and emotional eating has been a problem but thats another subject. I think i have the motivation to get back to where i was and in controle, even half as well as i was goin before i have been at a standstill for quiet a while. I have notice cravings, even things like wheet bix lol, i phoned around some pharacies today and have had trouble getting onto reducta, there all on order but what i was told by one is that the swiss brand is exactly that same natural ingredient from a suculant cactus from india as reducta. I got onto some on speacial $9.95 for 30 tablets got the last to bottles so not bad for a months supply under $20. will be in the mail tomorrow will see how it goes i am hoping my appetite takes a rest and some of the cravings stop. Anything right now to help me get started again will be a god send. Will keep you posted =)

Author: TENACIOUS   Rank: Diamond Poster
Date: 4:17am WST, February 24th 2011
Send Message Public Blog CalorieKing.com.au Program Graduate
They're a crock. That's why they're usually advertised on trash-tv like Current Affair and Today Tonight. You just need to use your grey matter...If they REALLY worked - would anyone be overweight?
They've done their homework and worked out that 6:30 is a very gullible time-slot. So that's when they do their advertorial - and voila!!! their sales are sky-high the following day!

"Thy food shall be thy remedy."
- Hippocrates 400 BC

Author: COTTESLOEGIRL   Rank: Sapphire Poster
Date: 5:46am WST, February 24th 2011
Send Message Public Blog COTTESLOEGIRL's Public Diary
But it was scientifically tested with a control group! COmpanies can manipulate results anyway they want.

Date: 8:20am WST, February 24th 2011
Send Message Public Blog YAZZY6753's Public Diary CalorieKing.com.au Program Graduate
I agree with everyone! I'm heaps interested to see how it goes im counting cals and exercise cals and then going to work out if my weight loss is really that much different to just counting cals and being healthy! we shall see! :) (As long as I remember to take it!)

Author: 02BA14   Rank: Sapphire Poster  Location: Central Qld
Date: 8:38am WST, February 24th 2011
Send Message Public Blog 02BA14's Public Diary CalorieKing.com.au Program Graduate
Most of their 'success' stories are because they're giving them to people who are already making an effort to lose weight and therefore conscious of what they're eating. The true test would be to give them to obese people without them knowing what they are and seeing if they have any effect.

BJ

The bubbling brook would lose it's song if you removed the rocks!!!

SW (this time) 114.4 :nono2:
HW 15/02/2011 114.4
LW 30/09/2004 :* 69
CW *** :rolling1: arghhhhh
GW :wink2: 75

Author: APOD   Rank: Mingler  Location: Brisbane
Date: 9:23am WST, February 24th 2011
Well funny you should mention the Swisse - I recently made an order with epharmacy and they accidentally put these in my package. So I thought hey, what the hell, I'll give it a go.

Let me just say - they don't work - and they charge 40 bucks! No that I paid anyway, but it's a crock.

June 08 - 96kg
Current - 69.6kg

Last edited: 9:24am WST, February 24th 2011.
Date: 9:26am WST, February 24th 2011
ohh is that the svlete you're taking about? or the appitite suppresent?

Last edited: 9:29am WST, February 24th 2011.
Author: APOD   Rank: Mingler  Location: Brisbane
Date: 9:33am WST, February 24th 2011
It's the suppressant - been taking one morning & night - still eat the same - still fanging for lunch!!!

June 08 - 96kg
Current - 69.6kg

Author: MADELINJOLIE   Rank: Silver Poster  Location: Newcastle
Date: 11:30am WST, February 24th 2011
Send Message Public Blog MADELINJOLIE's Public Diary
If they give you a psychological 'edge' then they can't be all bad - go for it!

If you 'believe' they work ...then they just might :huh: People achieve amazing things when they are confident and believe they can! Doubt is not an option.

But this does just reaffirm that weight loss is in your head - personally I believe just make the decision to lose weight and don't change your mind!

CW 89.1 / * reward

98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 90 89 :wink3: 88 87 * 86 85 84 83 82 81 80 79 78 77 * 76 75 74 73 72 71 70 * 69 68 67 66 65 64

Date: 12:14pm WST, February 24th 2011
MADELINJOLIE spot on its all in the head!! I have to make the commitment to myself and controle what goes in my mouth so if they dont help supress my appetite i wont have anything to lose as i got 2 bottles of Swisse, 30 tablets for $9.95ea discounted. If they dont help I havnt waisted a fortune and if they do help I can make the decision weather to buy more laiter. They turned up today so i took one at midday. I found I ate more slowly and was satisfied sooner and not craving a bigger serving like i often do laitly. My diet is not the best just now dont have alot of range of food got to go shopping laiter so will make sure the smaller amouts that im eating are more quality. I have a differant taste in my mouth its a little nasty that i am hopeing is from the swisse, any help from them i will run with even if it is my head telling me these things lol what ever helps helps =) on a different note they are natural and derived from a cactus, i am on other meds and wanted to check with the dr 1st, seing another one in the morning but mine reccomended i dont take them with my current meds BUT i thnk he may have them confused with reductil which is banned, as i had asked about reducta may be some confusion i hope so!!

Author: MUSIKAT   Rank: Emerald Poster  Location: Brisbane
Date: 9:14pm WST, February 24th 2011
TENACIOUS - I'm also not a fan of ACA/TT type shows. They don't exactly represent the pinnacle of journalistic integrity.... though they do sometimes show genuinely effective medications. They once did a story on my antipsychotic as a "new" wonder drug. So new infact that I had already been on it for several years at the time. I have to wonder where they get their info.

Back on topic - SUNSHINE1914, please tell your doctor immediately if you think you are getting any side effects. Just because a product is natural doesn't mean it won't interact with your usual medications.

Kathryn

"Change, like a sneeze, is inevitable"

SW 115kg 31/12/10
CW 110.2kg
miniGW 100kg by 1/5/11
Ultimate GW 65kg

Author: MUSIKAT   Rank: Emerald Poster  Location: Brisbane
Date: 9:16pm WST, February 24th 2011
Or, talk to a pharmacist face to face. They will be able to give you the right advice about drug interactions. I see that you ordered them online - it's important to talk to a pharmacist if you haven't taken a particular drug before.

Kathryn

"Change, like a sneeze, is inevitable"

SW 115kg 31/12/10
CW 110.2kg
miniGW 100kg by 1/5/11
Ultimate GW 65kg

Author: SPERSEPHONE   Rank: Diamond Poster  Location: Melbourne Victoria
Date: 9:36pm WST, February 24th 2011
I'm actually a bit unimpressed at how many of these quick fix type products are sold in the pharmacies - you'd think that a pharmacy would have integrity and sell only appropriate products, but it's all down to retail sales now, and no real common sense about whether something should be sold as though it has proper pharmacist backing.

I suspect there are a lot of trained pharmacists who are embarrassed to sell these things, but continue to do so because it brings in money.

Author: KC20202   Rank: Bronze Poster  Location: Sydney
Date: 7:21am WST, February 25th 2011
Send Message
" SUNSHINE1914, please tell your doctor immediately if you think you are getting any side effects. Just because a product is natural doesn't mean it won't interact with your usual medications. "

Very true, please check Sunshine. For instance, I'm not allowed to eat grapefruit because of a medication I take. Not that I like grapefruit anyway, lol

I never watch ACA/TT. I've known a few people who have been on it, and they just manipulate things to get a story out of nothing.

As for appetite suppressants, I've been having phsyllium husk in my yoghurt for extra fibre, and boy does that fill you up! You just have to make sure you have a glass of water after.

Author: ALISAK   Rank: Party Animal  Location: Hunters Hill NSW
Date: 6:53pm WST, March 8th 2011
Send Message
I've just started taking the pill (contraceptive) again and have found my appetite's gone crazy, so I decided to give the Swisse brand a go to see if it would help bring things back to normal - nope. Still ravenous 1/2 and hour after a meal!! Waste of money in my opinion!

Quick Reply
Name: *

Click to insert smilie
:)  ;)  :(  :o  :D :@  :'(  :$  :P  =D :cool:  :bang:  :love: :y:  :n:  :evil:
:huh :kiss:  :hi:  :clap:  :bye:  :afraid2:  :afraid4:  :angel4:  :angry1:  :angry2:  :barf3:  :beatup:  :bigeyes3:  :blush4:  :clown1:  :cool1:
:cool6:  :cross1:  :cross2:  :cross3:  :cry2:  :cry3:  :cry4:  :dazed:  :dead2:  :devil7:  :devious:  :dork2:  :drunk:  :eyebrows:  :frog:  :heart1:  :heart2:
:help:  :inlove1:  :karate:  :laugh5:  :look:  :mohawk2:  :music2:  :nono1:  :nono2:  :nono4:  :nono5:  :queen:  :rock1:  :rolling1:  :sad2:  :sad3:
:scream2:  :sleep3:  :smile1:  :talking:  :teeth1:  :teeth2:  :teeth3:  :thumbu2:  :tongue8:  :tongue10:  :wave1:  :wink2:  :wink3:  :yawn1:  :yawn2:  :yawn3:  :alien3:

If you know HTML, you can use tags like BOLD, ITALIC and UNDERLINE in your forum post.
Reply to the following message

List of forums | View forum | Post reply | Show favourite threads | Search | Print

International:   CalorieKing.com USA | CalorieKing.com.au Australia